Monday after the move

Monday, July 26, 2010
Its me again
trying this new blogging system. Thank you so much Mary,for helping me, and I hope this works. Not sure anyone gets the blogging thing, right off, and for me its been a challenge so again. Hope this works
Our two daughters now have flown the coop. You can talk about "empty nest syndrome" but empty town is almost as bad.
Thank the good Lord, We have my oldest daughter still in a near by area, and She is the greatest, but she works full time and her kids are all grown, or just about. College age and one graduated from Grand Valley, in Grand Rapids.
Anyway, Mary left in late May, I think it was, just before her son's wedding , taking with her , the last child at home, Julie.
Julie is a delight, and at an age of real courosity ,just turning 15. Life for her is not really full of Gramma, but we did find a lot of fun when we were together. She has always been very precious to us, just as her older sister and brother are. I'll talk about them more later.Luckily, her older sister Jessica, does live in Michigan, but pretty far for a quick run over.

The daughter who left last Friday, *Karen., is the single parent of my youngest grand sons and they have been my delight in "Grammy" kind of things in the past ,especially this summer.
Anyway, Karen chose to move to Wisconsin, which again is not horribly far away, but too far to just drop by like we used to with both she and Mary.
Now, well, now, its the Monday after the move, and the grand kids, ages 5 and 7 were pretty teary eyed when Grampa and I took them home from a special day out,and said good bye to everyone.
Walking about in our stores, like Meijers, or Kroger and seeing the other grandma's and the grand children, will now , once again be painful. Why ,I ask my dear Lord, do so many Grammas and Grampas, have their entire family around  them, 24/7, and never do they leave the state or leave  the family.
Ooh, yes, We also have a son, Dan, who lives about   20 miles away, but he too has a super busy life and no little kids any longer.
If I bore anyone with my pity party, its myself. I want to just get up out of this chair and move on to a happy go lucky life without pain, without missing my missing, and realize how very fortunate We really are.
My husband,(honey man) of over 30 years now, had 7 children before he took on my 6, and we are so blessed that never ,did we loose a child to death or serious illness.
Shame on me, as I consider, that my very own daugther in law, in St Louis Mo. had her 19 year old son "Marcus" simply go to the gas station to put air in some tires, and never returned home again. He was killed by a driver, who had a perfect driving record,.
It was just the wrong corner, at the wrong time, and Marcus died on the lawn of a neighbor. This dear neighbor spoke a brief message , given by Marcus before he died. HE knew he was going to meet his Savior Jesus Christ.
Since that time, my daughter in law, holds dearly to her remaining son, Nicholas, and grieves every single day of her life.
Did I say, ? I am so missing my daughters? Well, shame on me,,I do miss them, but I thank God, they are on earth, I can talk with them, visit them, see them on FB, and so on.
Thank you God, for hearing my woes today, and reminding me that YOU ARE EVER PRESENT IN MY LIFE< You alone can hold my hand, hold me in your loving arms, and keep me in a "happy go lucky" and blessed life, because I am blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
 

Browse